++ PLEASE NOTE ++
We do not offer any tours until further notice due to the Covid-19 pandemic!
Thank you for your understanding.
How is a film made? How can I become a director? How do students get prominent actors to appear in their films? What is it like to study at the Film Academy? All of these questions – and many others – are answered during our Academy Tour which is lead by specially-trained students. During a tour of the Film Academy, you will learn about our studios, sound mixing, and the technical department, and also get a glimpse of the Animation Institute. At the end, a selection of short films will be presented.
We would like to point out that the content of the Academy Tour may vary from time to time, depending on ongoing operations at our university. Thank you for your understanding.
GOOD TO KNOW
• The tour costs €70.
• Groups must have no more than 30 members.
• It is usually possible to show two groups around the Film Academy in parallel. The price for this is €140.
• For organisational reasons, we can offer a maximum of four tours per month.
• Academy tours are only offered during the week. The Film Academy is closed on weekends and on public holidays.
• Because Academy tours are led by student guides, availability out of term time (March and August-September) is limited.
• Times and dates are freely selectable. However, Wednesday afternoon is not the best time to visit, as the technical department is closed.
• The latest possible start time of an Academy Tour is 16:30.
• The Academy Tour last approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
• The meeting point is in the foyer of the Film Academy, in the building on Mathildenstrasse.
• We would like to point out that, from time to time, the Academy Tour will just be a tour of the premises of the Film Academy.
contact us by e-mail at:presse(at)filmakademie.de or by telephone on: +49 7141 969 82188 or -82187. We look forward to welcoming you to Film Academy Baden-Württemberg!
We will send you an application form. Please provide a telephone number and mobile number on the application form, in case we need to contact you on the day of the tour.
ORIENTATION AND PREPARATION
> Building plan of the Film Academy
> Parking facilities (PDF)
We recommend the Rathausgarage (No. 1), the Akademiehofgarage (Nr. 3) or the Parkplatz am Forum (No. 8)